disappearing appointments in CRM and OUTLOOK RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

My client have problem with disappearing appointments in CRM and Outlook. This is case:

User create appointement in CRM and sync with Outook 2010 ,In Outloook there is appointment but after 10 sec. disappear.Some time desapper in CRM too.When appointment is in Outlook it's tracked with CRM.

If user create in Outlook appointment and sync with CRM, there is NO PROBLEM.

There is no duplicate email with user and other account in system, or usage of HendHeald devices such as Mobile phones for Outlook sync.

If anyone can help, thanks!

P.S.: There is Rollup 12 on server and on Client.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 11:09 AM

Answers

• I had this problem for some time and we solved it by creating a new Outlook profile.  Nothing else we tried worked.

Susan
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:11 PM
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:02 PM
  • Try CRM rollup 16. Fixed some issues !
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 12:41 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Do you have contacts and users with tha same email addresses? Maybe that is the problem

[]´s

Carlos Amorim Junior
    "Já ajudou a comunidade hoje?"
    http://www.dynamicscrm.com.br
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 1:12 PM
  • Hi Dejan,

This can happen if a contact and user have the same email address. 

http://www.powerobjects.com/blog/2010/03/25/outlook-appointments-disappearing/

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 5:02 PM
  • Hi,

As I mentioned earlier  "There is no duplicate email with user and other account in system" Lead,Opport,Account, Contact....

Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:18 AM
  • Hi Dejan,

Check for disabled accounts/leads/contacts.  In all scenarios we have seen the disappearing outlook appointments have been related to having an entity with the same email address as a user.

Alternatively, check to see if perhaps there is a workflow deleting appointments??

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:29 PM
  • I had this problem for some time and we solved it by creating a new Outlook profile.  Nothing else we tried worked.

Susan
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:11 PM
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:02 PM
  • Creation of new profile and deleton of old didin't resolved problem.
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 9:05 AM
  • Has anyone found a solution to this issue?  We are having a similar problem. Our users create an appointment in CRM and sync to Outlook, after 10 seconds, the appointment disappears right before our eyes. The appointment stays in CRM until the next day. It appears that a sync program runs overnight and deletes the appointment from CRM probably because it synced to Outlook the day before.

We have tried all the rollups, we confirmed that no users have email addresses on Contact.

The strange part is that though I am not a rep/user I can complete this action, and on my PC/setup it works fine.

I can set up appointments in Outlook or CRM and they sync, and do not disappear. I can not recreate this error on my machine.

Has anyone see anything else that has caused this issue? 

We are using CRM 4.0 with Outlook 2010.

Thanks,

Vikki

After I wrote this, I ran a query to see if the email was on any record at all in the database. These are my results. Will these affect in this issue?

ColumnName
    [dbo].[ActivityPartyBase].[AddressUsed]
    [dbo].[EmailBase].[Sender]
    [dbo].[EmailBase].[ToRecipients]
    [dbo].[QueueItemBase].[Sender]
    [dbo].[QueueItemBase].[ToRecipients]
    [dbo].[SystemUserBase].[InternalEMailAddress]
    Sunday, January 9, 2011 4:36 AM
  • We have the same problem. New profile didn't resolved problem, we haven't duplicate e-mail adressess.

If is Outlook off-line (without connection to the Exchange), but with connection to the crm server, appointment didn't appears.

:-/

Thursday, June 2, 2011 12:27 PM
  • Try CRM rollup 16. Fixed some issues !
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 12:41 PM