none
Autodesk Vault add-in template RRS feed

• Question

• When I first open the application it says; "The Autodesk Vault Add-in template file for Word could not be loaded'

Please reinstall Autodesk Vault for Microsoft Office and try again."

I cannot get Word to open normally or in safe mode to edit existing files, and it will not save any new files either.

When I perform a Save As on any file that I create I get the error; "Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error. (C:\Users\my name\Documents\Doc3.doc)

Thursday, August 2, 2018 3:04 PM

All replies

• When I first open the application it says; "The Autodesk Vault Add-in template file for Word could not be loaded'

Please reinstall Autodesk Vault for Microsoft Office and try again."

I cannot get Word to open normally or in safe mode to edit existing files, and it will not save any new files either.

When I perform a Save As on any file that I create I get the error; "Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error. (C:\Users\my name\Documents\Doc3.doc)

Hi TB_PE,

Before we go on, could you please clarify the questions below then we can help you better?

1. According to your description, does this issue occur to Word? (Since you post the issue in Outlook forum so I'd like to confirm if the issue is related to Outlook or not.)
    2. Do you mean you cannot open Word by double clicking an existing file or via "winword /safe"? As regards to the "Save as" error, do you mean you can launch Word from the Start menu but cannot save a new document, right?

To help narrow down the issue, please try uninstalling Autodesk Vault for Microsoft Office and then repairing Office via Control Panel to see if Word can be launched properly.

It is also suggested to contact the support to Autodesk Vault to see if other users have encountered a similar issue and how they managed to resolve it.

Any findings, feel free to post back.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, August 3, 2018 4:57 AM