Trouble with Remote Desktop RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I'm kind of a newb to whs 2011 and I'm having trouble logging in from any of my other pcs on the network. I'm running whs on a virtual machine and all pcs on the network can see it, but I am unable to use remote desktop to log into it. I set up my password to log in but when I do it says its the wrong password. I would like to get this working so I can start backing up my computers on it. I'm running Win 7 on all of my pcs. Thanks,
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 9:01 PM

Answers

• On a Client you want to install the connector on which is connected lo your local LAN, use your internet browser and navigate to http://<Server Name>/connect - replace <Server Name> with the name of your server machine. Follow the instructions from there.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Proposed as answer by James Xiong Thursday, October 4, 2012 6:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by James Xiong Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:18 AM
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 12:52 PM
  • Check the troubleshooting steps listed in SBS 2011: Troubleshooting Client Deployment (en-US)

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Monday, October 8, 2012 2:26 PM

All replies

• For Remote Desktop, you need to log in as "Administrator" and your associated Server password. Note that you do not need to log on to your Server Desktop to back up your client computers - you need to install the Connector software on each client and then you can manage the Server and set up Client backups via the Dashboard. This is much safer than an RDC session, particularly if you are a newb!!

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 9:48 PM
  • Is the connector software on my whs disk?
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 5:44 AM
  • On a Client you want to install the connector on which is connected lo your local LAN, use your internet browser and navigate to http://<Server Name>/connect - replace <Server Name> with the name of your server machine. Follow the instructions from there.

• Proposed as answer by James Xiong Thursday, October 4, 2012 6:55 AM
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 12:52 PM
  • I'm able to remote connect with a netbook, but cannot install connect software on laptop running win 7 Ultimate. I can almost connect with my main laptop running win7 home premium, but in the middle of connecting, it stops and that the server encountered an error. I also can't connect using my main pc on which the server is running on a virtual machine. Any suggestions?
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 11:38 PM
  • no ideas??
    Monday, October 8, 2012 3:48 AM
  • Check the troubleshooting steps listed in SBS 2011: Troubleshooting Client Deployment (en-US)

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Monday, October 8, 2012 2:26 PM