Unidirectional, bidirectional sync Questions/Doubts RRS feed

• Question

• It seems that Live Mesh uses bidirectional sync. 

Deleting a subfolder deletes it everywhere—from your computer, from other computers in your mesh, from any members' computers, and from your Live Desktop. However, if you delete a subfolder accidentally, you can recover it from the Recycle Bin on your device. If the subfolder was only on your Live Desktop, the subfolder and its files will be permanently deleted.

The quote above, especially the last phrase worries me a lot. I want to know how to configure Live Mesh to be unidirectional: the Live Desktop must be a copy or mirror of the Local Desktop; if I delete something on the Live Desktop it should not affect other devices.

Because this is an automated sync system it would be long before I noticed that I had deleted anything accidentally, or I might not even notice it!

Is there any way to configure Live Mesh to use unidirectional sync by default and to apply this setting to every synced folder by default?

Thank you.
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 4:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The kind of one-way sync that you're envisioning is not currently available in Live Mesh, but we have seen this request a few times.  Please do go ahead and add your vote for this feature (and any other features you might like to see) to our Suggestions sticky.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:56 PM