Connecting Media Center with No Password to Windows Home Server RRS feed

• Question

• I store my photos and music on a WHS.  I use a media center hooked up to my TV.  I do not have a password on media center because we use it as a 'traditional TV' so we don't want to type a password every time we turn on the TV.  I want to access the photos on my home server from my media center.  But i'm getting an "account locked out" error when i try to access the WHS shares from the media center.  i assume its because the passwords from my media center and the corresponding user on the WHS are not the same.  Thats because home server seems not to allow you to specify no password?

is there any way to access WHS shares from a media center with no password?
    Sunday, October 11, 2009 5:13 AM

All replies

• I store my photos and music on a WHS.  I use a media center hooked up to my TV.  I do not have a password on media center because we use it as a 'traditional TV' so we don't want to type a password every time we turn on the TV.  I want to access the photos on my home server from my media center.  But i'm getting an "account locked out" error when i try to access the WHS shares from the media center.  i assume its because the passwords from my media center and the corresponding user on the WHS are not the same.  Thats because home server seems not to allow you to specify no password?

Yes, it does.  Open the Console, click the Settings button, then select the Passwords tab and change the settings from Medium (Recommended) to Weak.  That will allow any password (including no password).

is there any way to access WHS shares from a media center with no password?

Sunday, October 11, 2009 5:19 AM