CRM 2011 - Write-In Product Alert on Quotes/Orders RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have posted before when our company was using CRM 4.0 - we have since upgraded to CRM 2011. Throughout this, there's one problem we've been having with Fulfilled Orders containing Write-In Products.

Our CRM is integrated with another system to handle inventory, shipping and invoicing. As such, orders cannot have Write-In Products when fulfilled or they will error in the other program and not go through. We do, however, use Write-In Products on our Quotes.

So there are two things I'm looking for in the end:

1) Quotes - Activate (in order to Convert to Order) - disallow activation when there are write-in products on the quote, keep as draft, and a pop-up alert to advise user

2) Order - Fulfill Order - disallow fulfillment when there are write-in products on the order, keep as active and a pop-up alert to advise user

Is there any way that this can be done without being too intrusive? I've done a bit of javascript adjustments here and there, but I'm not very comfortable with going too extensive.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 12:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I see two options for both your requirements:

1) You can register a plug-in on SetState message in Post stage, which queries the products of the quote/order. If it finds any write-in product, you throw an exception with the desired text. It is not very elegant though.

2) You can query the products from javascript, too. It is a bit more complicated, but you can use XrmServiceToolkit, or something similar. Then you can add an additional enable rule to the ribbon button, so the button will only be enabled if the function querying the write-in products returns false. It gives a better user experience, but it might have an impact on form load time.

Regards,

Adam

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 12:47 PM
  • Hi Adam,

Thanks for responding. The second one sounds closest to what we need, but we have a terrible enough load time as it is, so I won't be able to introduce it. I may just have to find a different way to stress that people check for write-in products before fulfilling. Thank you though.

Monday, April 14, 2014 12:56 PM