none
MS, the Windows 10 is the hackers friend?

Question

• I am lead to understand that Microsoft have unilaterally decided to reduce load on their servers by using every PC available (in the world) as source when a user downloads an update for Windows 10, unless the user changes the default option.

This is hackers heaven!  A hacker can take an update file and modify it and sit back.  Windows 10 will then broadcast it to other Windows 10 systems as a legitimate update, infecting all those systems.  They, in turn will, unwittingly, broadcast the infected file to other systems.

MS Windows 10 management & developers have not thought this through properly.

MS should change the default setting immediately.

Every user of Win 10 should make sure that the (advanced) settings for updates are corrected to prevent this.

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Sunday, August 16, 2015 12:32 AM Looking for the proper forum
    Saturday, August 15, 2015 6:00 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 Community forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Sunday, August 16, 2015 12:31 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 Community forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Sunday, August 16, 2015 12:31 AM
  • Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

Sunday, August 16, 2015 12:32 AM