Remote web access stops working RRS feed

• Question

• I have set my server up, with working remote web access, but after roughly 24 hours, it stops working. The website becomes unavailable. The dashboard is still accessible remotely from the home network (through the launchpad), and on the "Remote Web Access" server setting it says "The router is not working." I click repair, the problem is fixed, everything works fine, but in 24 hours it stops working again.

My router is an ASUS RT-N56U.

Monday, October 29, 2012 7:47 PM

Answers

• Do you have a fixed Internet IP address or is it dynamically allocated? If the latter it may be that your DNS records are not being updated if for some reason you are allocated a new address. It would be worth pinging your server name when the system is not working and seeing if you get a response from the same IP address as the current IP allocated by your ISP.

If that's not the problem, try manually forwarding Port 443 (and optionally Port 80) in your router setup to the internal LAN IP address of your Server (which is ideally fixed).

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by Tori Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:28 PM
    Monday, October 29, 2012 8:24 PM

All replies

• Do you have a fixed Internet IP address or is it dynamically allocated? If the latter it may be that your DNS records are not being updated if for some reason you are allocated a new address. It would be worth pinging your server name when the system is not working and seeing if you get a response from the same IP address as the current IP allocated by your ISP.

If that's not the problem, try manually forwarding Port 443 (and optionally Port 80) in your router setup to the internal LAN IP address of your Server (which is ideally fixed).

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by Tori Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:28 PM
    Monday, October 29, 2012 8:24 PM
  • Hello, everyone. I have a similar problem. A couple of days i enjoyed an operating system, everything was fine. But now, to my deepest disappointment, i can't join the server through RemoteApp from a remote machine. My router was configured by the system and a couple of days i had strong access to admin console througt RemoteApp from web-site. In a LAN, all right. Registered domain site homeserver.com. I can get to the site, but not to RemoteApp. But when trying to connect from RemoteApp to the admin console, RemoteApp is started for a second, and then collapses. And nowhere I can't find it: ( A few minutes later there is a window "Wrong application RemoteApp. Program was not running on the remote computer." And, if a get to server from RDP, admin panel easily opens. At what could be the problem? Thank you very much and sorry for my English.
    • Edited by Mon Ami Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:20 AM
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:11 AM
  • Fixed some of the static IP-settings on the server and the router, and also forwarded Port 443. Not sure what did it, but it does seem to function properly now.
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:29 PM