Validation problems RRS feed

• Question

• Where do I find the information about my computer manufacturer to grt a copy of my xp cd ? seeings how my so called upgrade that a friend installed  turned out to be a counterfiet down grade ! Thank you. And what is the differance in xp home & xp pro 
    Monday, July 20, 2009 5:49 PM

Answers

• Hello peteme,

The COA sticker (located on the side or bottom of your computer) shows that computer's Product Key, what version of XP the product key is good for and should also show the name of the computer's Manufacturer.  Once you have the name, look them up on the internet, go to their support page and look for instructions on how to order replacment Windows Restore software for your specific computer model or instruction on how to contact them to request the replacment software.

There is a good description, on ebay reviews (http://reviews.ebay.com/XP-Pro-vs-XP-Home-Edition_W0QQugidZ10000000001821659) of the fetures that XP Pro has that XP Home doesn't. Basically, most of the XP Pro features are useful for businesses, but not very useful for home users.   

Windows XP Professional Features

Remote Desktop
    Remotely access your Windows XP Professional PC, from another Windows PC, so you can work with all of your data and applications while away from your office.

Offline Files and Folders
    Access to files & folders on a network share when disconnected from the server.

Scalable processor support
    Up to two-way multi-processor support.

Encrypting File System
    Protects sensitive data in files that are stored on disk using the NTFS file system.

Access Control
    Restrict access to selected files, applications, and other resources.

Centralized Administration
    Join Windows XP Professional systems to a Windows Server domain to take advantage of the full range of powerful management and security tools.

Group Policy
    Simplifies the administration of groups of users or computers.

Software Installation and Maintenance
    Automatically install, configure, repair, or remove software applications.

Roaming User Profiles
    Access to all your documents and settings no matter where you log on.

Remote Installation Service (RIS)
    Support for remote operating system installations where desktops can be installed across the network.

Multi-lingual User Interface (MUI) add-on
    Change the user interface language to get localized dialog boxes, menus, help files, dictionaries, and proofing tools etc.

Hope that helped,
    Darin MS
    Monday, July 20, 2009 8:09 PM