locked
Change privileges for access team RRS feed

  • Question

  • MS-CRM 2013, SP1, UR1, on premisses

    I create an account access team template only with append privileges (by mistake). Som users were added to the access team for some accounts, but since the users couldn't see the accounts, I realized the mistake and updated the privileges in the account access team template.

    That didn't change anything.
    Deleting all members of access team and adding again didn't change anything (and the access team still was there, with no members)
    Finally, deleting the access team and once again add the users as members, worked, i.e. a new acces team and correct POA entries created

    The problem I am having there there might be a number of accounts in this situation and I am not sure what a good way to clean that up is. Manually deleting the access teams seems very cumbersome - and first I'll have to find the candidates by analysing the POA table.

    Suggestions welcome.


    Per

    Friday, October 24, 2014 5:54 PM

All replies

  • The problem here is that when users are added to the grid for access team sharing (I assume you added the users grid to the form?)  in the account record, the record is shared to the automatically created access team using the template. If you change the template it doesn't affect existing shares. And adding and removing users from the grid makes no difference because the record has already been shared to the automatically created access team. However, I wonder if accounts are newly shared (after you change the template) work with the new template - because a new access team will be created.

    I can't think of a way round this. You can of course search for System Managed access teams with Advanced Find to see how many records have been shared in this way. The names of the access team include the GUID of the record that has been shared. Using the POA table is probably as quick a way as any - at least you have access to it - imagine if you were using CRM Online.

    Friday, October 31, 2014 3:37 PM
    Moderator
  • I ended up via the POA table to identify about 5K access teams, which I deleted using Advanced Find. Yes, new records are using the 'current'  version of the template. All this, btw, leads to another post.


    Per

    Friday, October 31, 2014 5:26 PM
  • Ouch!
    Friday, October 31, 2014 5:51 PM
    Moderator