Vista UR4 client install message RRS feed

• Question

• I was reinstalling the UR4 client on a Vista machine and it reported "The Media Add in might not be installed properly. For related information, see KB2768936."

Searching via Google and here at Microsoft come up with nothing for that KB # or for the text of the message.

Any thoughts what it all means?

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 11:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Before going further, would you please let me know what is the detailed information about the Update Rollup you installed on a Windows Vista client? Where did you get the Update Rollup? You’d better provide me the link that you found the Update Rollup for Windows Vista.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 4, 2013 9:32 AM
  • Sorry I wasn't clear.

I was installing WHS2011 UR4 Client Connector on a vanilla Vista client when, on the last dialog box of the WHS2011 UR4 Client Connector installation routine, the one otherwise saying the WHS2011 UR4 Client Connector installed correctly, I saw this message.

Friday, January 4, 2013 12:53 PM
  • Hope this does not muddy waters. I was connecting a Windows 7 client to my Windows Home Server 2011 tonight and had exactly the same message. The client is backing up ok and it appears the connector is functioning correctly so - is the message correct and, if so, what do I do to correct this 'unobvious' problem?

Best wishes

Stormy1954again

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 8:40 PM
  • This has just happened to me as well.  The client laptop is a clean install of Win 7 Home Premium 64bit (not yet activated) and I haven't tried to back it up so I cannot comment but it does seem to be able to access WHS2011 (which has the newest updates installed).  If you need any further info please let me know.

Cheers,

Peter

Sunday, January 20, 2013 12:02 AM