Get device certificate failed RRS feed

• Question

• I've been hunting around for an answer for an issue for quite some time, and all I can find are similar accounts back in 2008 and 2009... I'm hoping that it's been addressed or at least has a workaround 3 years later.

I cannot log into Live Mesh 2011. The log states the following... any help would be much appreciated. If it is in fact a known issue that's been around for years, it would be great if someone from MS could comment... someone else looking for a fix might find this thread as opposed to the older ones.

Thanks in advance.

[log data deleted]

Monday, February 21, 2011 8:28 PM

Answers

•  

Since you are referring to Windows Live Mesh, not Live Mesh - www.mesh.com, you are in the wrong forum. Yes, the naming convention is confusing, though I like that they kept the Mesh name alive for the upgrade to Live Sync (formerly FolderShare).

For discussion of the new Windows Live Mesh (formerly Sync), (as well as the released Live Sync version) go here:

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=24

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:20 PM

All replies

•  

Since you are referring to Windows Live Mesh, not Live Mesh - www.mesh.com, you are in the wrong forum. Yes, the naming convention is confusing, though I like that they kept the Mesh name alive for the upgrade to Live Sync (formerly FolderShare).

For discussion of the new Windows Live Mesh (formerly Sync), (as well as the released Live Sync version) go here:

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=24

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:20 PM
  • Oh, and you might want to simply check the computer date and time - a common reason for certificate issues.

-steve

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:21 PM
  • Thanks, Steve. Didn't realize with the name change they moved the support forum as well. I'll repost there... don't see anything wrong with the computer date and time.
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:38 PM
  • Thanks, Steve. Didn't realize with the name change they moved the support forum as well. I'll repost there... don't see anything wrong with the computer date and time.

Yes, nice and confusing -- two products with very similar names and two different forums. I also suspect that they won't close this one immediately upon the closing of the Live Mesh beta service, either.

Hopefully your issue can be answered over there quickly. I don't know the cause. I guess if the date/time are okay, I'd see if using a different LiveID works for the sign in.

-steve

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 7:39 PM