none
Starting With MCPD RRS feed

• Question

• I am student and want to earn a MCPD certification. I am able to develop applications on Visual Studio 2010 (vb.net and Asp.net (using vb) both).

Currently i don't have anty certifications.

I wanted to Know the shortest certification path for MCPD and how much time it would take. I am a fast learner and have 2 months vacations starting from MAY 2012. 

ALso, is there any expiration period of the certifiactions???

Sunday, April 29, 2012 6:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

you should have a look at the following site - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcpd.aspx#tab2

The best certification track for you should be the Web Developer 4 one. You can finish the certification path within one day, but normally you will need 1-2 years for completing the track.

There are some MCPDs which you will have to take every two years, for example Windows Azure and Windows Phone.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Sunday, April 29, 2012 11:20 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

you should have a look at the following site - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcpd.aspx#tab2

The best certification track for you should be the Web Developer 4 one. You can finish the certification path within one day, but normally you will need 1-2 years for completing the track.

There are some MCPDs which you will have to take every two years, for example Windows Azure and Windows Phone.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Sunday, April 29, 2012 11:20 PM
    Answerer
  • kindly tell whether i have to take all the four exams or what for MCPD??? its confusing for me...

MCTS prerequisite: TS: Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

MCTS prerequisite: TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

MCTS prerequisite: TS: Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

MCPD requirement: PRO: Designing and Developing Web Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4

also tell me how and where to start from ????

i want to start as early as possible.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 4:49 PM
  • Hi Akshay,

The following order will be useful:

70-515 (ASP .NET)

70-513 (WCF)

70-516 (Data Access)

70-519 (Profesional)

I am currently preparing for 70-513 because its our company requirement even though I don't have any other certifications yet. There are plenty of resources available to learn the material.

Varun

• Proposed as answer by vsha041 Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:02 AM
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 2:19 AM
  • kindly tell whether i have to take all the four exams or what for MCPD??? its confusing for me...

MCTS prerequisite: TS: Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

MCTS prerequisite: TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

MCTS prerequisite: TS: Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

MCPD requirement: PRO: Designing and Developing Web Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4

also tell me how and where to start from ????

i want to start as early as possible.

Yes you need to pass all the above exams to become a MCPD Web Developer 4. You can also take them in any order you like.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 5:33 AM