How about including a 'spell check' feature in the forums? RRS feed

• General discussion

• How about including a 'spell check' feature in the forums? 

Perhaps there is one and I just haven't figured out how to enable it --- as it appears now, my text body screen has Bold, Italic, Underline, Undo, Redo, Bullets, Numbered Bullets, HTML Link/Edit, HTML Unlink, HTML Edit Source, HTML Insert Block Code --- but NO Spell Check.  Is this an impossibility???
    |krittermattel|
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 10:28 AM

All replies

• Second the motion.

Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    Friday, November 6, 2009 4:00 AM
  • If you use FireFox or SeaMonkey the Mozilla spell-checker already works in these forums.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 11:37 AM
  • If you use FireFox or SeaMonkey the Mozilla spell-checker already works in these forums.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

David, 

Good to know.  At my current rate (being very very frustrated with IE8), I only need one or two good reasons to switch web browsers.

Thanks.

Krista
    |krittermattel|
    Monday, November 9, 2009 10:44 AM
  • Just Bing "spellcheck ie". You would get a list of addons that also work on other web sites.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 12:09 AM
  • >I only need one or two good reasons to switch web browsers.

1) Spellcheck.
    2) NoScript.
    3) AdBlock Plus
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 2:37 PM
  • Just Bing "spellcheck ie". You would get a list of addons that also work on other web sites.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP

Sheng,

Thanks for the tip.  I can't believe I'd never heard of ie Spell Check.  I downloaded it and plan to give it a try.

|krittermattel|
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 10:38 PM