Renewal RRS feed

• Question

•  

I turned on my computer this morning to find a Message:  Urgent: Go to the help center One Care has encountered a problem and might not be protecting this PC.

I went to the help center however since WLOC didn't provide clues as to the problem I was at a loss.  I started looking at the backup settings this is where I found my subscription had expired; I checked that it isn't due until 4/22/08 so why am I not protected?  I went to the renewal site all needed info was in however I change methods and went through the process again and is set to renew on 4/22/08 as the previous.  I still am not protected why!  Services/protection should not be disabled until the actual renewal date, if nothing else how about a little note to your customer instead of not protecting the PC 12 days prior to renewal date. 

Please assist with the problem I still have with "AT RISK"

Respectfully,

lilvixn_us

Thursday, April 10, 2008 12:43 PM

Answers

• My PC time and date was correct however, I did reboot and is now working.  Thanks for your help!

Thursday, April 10, 2008 1:13 PM

All replies

• Check your PC date and time. I believe that you will find that it is incorrect. After fixing it, reboot the PC.

OneCare will actually keep protecting you and updating itself for at least 30 days after expiration and it will still run, but no longer update after that. At expiration, you won't be able to run any of the manual processes, but protection will still be enabled.

-steve

Thursday, April 10, 2008 12:51 PM
  • My PC time and date was correct however, I did reboot and is now working.  Thanks for your help!

Thursday, April 10, 2008 1:13 PM
  • You're welcome, though, I'm curious as to why a reboot fixed it if the date and time were correct. Please do post back if it happens again! (updating this thread, so we know the history...)

-steve

Thursday, April 10, 2008 1:29 PM