none
Deploy Host File To Domain Clients

Question

• I am having difficulty updating my hosts files on my domain clients. I have a central location for the main host file, but am having difficulty using scripting tools to deploy across entire domain. I've search all over the internet with no success.
    • Moved by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, October 20, 2015 2:52 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Tuesday, October 20, 2015 2:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 2:50 PM
  • Hello,

I'd look in the script center, and ask for help in The Official Scripting Guys Forum!

Generically, look up robocopy.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 2:52 PM
  • I'll just cut to the chase and tell you exactly what you'll be told in ITCG.

Don't use the hosts file. Use DNS. Seriously.

If you insist on creating a thread in the scripting guys forum, you'll have to post your script and your errors for additional help.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 3:09 PM