Fix "Active Tasks" filter in the Task List RRS feed

• General discussion

• Seems like there's a bug.  In Windows Mobile 6 Professional, applying the "Active Tasks" filter in the Task List does not seem to work.  Previously, if you applied the "Active Tasks" filter it would not show tasks that have a future start date.

Sunday, November 18, 2007 4:49 AM

All replies

• I want to second this. I am amazed that this got through QA.

If I select Active Tasks, I should not see tasks with a future start date.
    Monday, December 24, 2007 9:38 PM
  • I third.  This makes Tasks useless - the whole point is to be able to remind myself to do things in the future, when I would have otherwise forgotten - such as renewing insurance policies, making dinner reservations for a birthday party, etc.  Now I need to search through hundreds of tasks to find the ones that I *can* do now.

Friday, January 11, 2008 4:02 PM
  • I complained about this in another thread. I asked if there is a fix. The only response I received (before Microsoft closed the thread, I think) was from Help_Line (is that a Microsoft rep?). Help_Line said that there isn't a fix, but, "There are 3rd party Task manager programs that might give you the functionality you are looking for." Great! So, I'm thinking:

Another option would be for Microsoft to take responsibility for their own mistake and develop a fix for it, instead of suggesting I go spend more of my money to compensate for a defect in their program. Shouldn't they take responsibility for this? If a company manufactures new cars with defective transmissions, they do a recall and fix it. I couldn't imagine buying one of those cars, realizing the defective transmission, and being told that, if I want, I could go buy another aftermarket transmission to get the new car to work correctly!!!

Is there anyway to contact Microsoft to complain about a defect? I mean, aren't these threads mainly to offer each other advice on how to use certain software and/or hardware? This is categorically different from contacting a company to say, "Hey, your product has a defect, and I need you to fix it." Aren't we just gripping at each other, instead of the manufacturer?

Friday, January 11, 2008 6:58 PM
  • It's not like we're asking for a whole new feature, it WORKED in previous versions of Windows Mobile!!  This is a BUG, plain and simple - and if they did it on purpose, it is a "stupid" bug.  Well, I've got to go - I aparently have to go pay rent twice, as it appears on my "Active" tasks.

Friday, January 11, 2008 9:20 PM
  • Please help us out here. This is very troublesome. I really need this to be fixed. It was clearly working in WM5 and now I'm lost...

Monday, January 21, 2008 11:25 PM
  • I have just found this thread and I have the same problem. I have changed for a WM6 to a WM6 product and tasks has ceased to be much use at all. I have bought pocket informant 8 but this is slower and more complex than the simple, quick WM tasks application. It will however, filter by active tasks.

Does anyone from MSFT take action on these threads? If they do, please fix the bug

cheers

Simon

Thursday, February 7, 2008 10:30 AM
  • Just found this tread myself-What a piece of ***!  I just finally bought a new phone, been saving up for it, just to find out it doesn't work as well as my old Dell Axim.  And to hear microsoft deosn't want to do anything about it.  That just pisses me off.  I guess I should have picked the Black Berry.  Shane

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 12:17 AM
  • Just to let everybody know that I find this problem annoying too.

An no statement from MS whatsoever.

Poor service.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 10:45 AM
  • I think I know what happened!

The Microsoft programmers probably noticed this bug, and put "Fix Active Tasks Filter Bug" on their Tasks list. But it got lost among all their Tasks that don't start until a later date, and that's why it never got done! 

They probably tried sorting by Due Date, but this made the tasks without a due date appear at the bottom of the list.

On the bright side, they have been seeing the task to buy their mothers a 2008 Christmas present since they clicked it 'complete' in December 2007.  Nobody will forget Mom this year!  In fact, some of them may have bought mom 2 or 3 presents, because as soon as they clicked it complete, it put the task to buy her 2009 present on the "Active Tasks" list!

Monday, September 8, 2008 4:48 PM
  • so i posted this on another thread about the exact same thing.. but here it is for you guys

So I hate this as well.. the only problem is that to Microsoft this isn't a bug, it's by design.  They wanted the task list to perform like it does in Outlook.  Therefore they have pretty much rendered the start date feature useless.  And since they have already updated from 6.0 to 6.1 and left it the same despite all the complaints I wouldn't hold your breath for a fix.  It's typical Microsoft to 'fix' something that was never broke to begin with.  I agree that we should not have to pay for a 3rd party program to do what our phone should do in the first place.  This is why the next time I upgrade my phone I will be switching to something other than Windows Mobile.  Microsoft can pay Jerry Seinfeld all the money they want to be in commercials but when their products suck people still won't buy them
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 5:24 AM
  • And one more time.

FIX THIS BEFORE MY WIFE CASTRATES ME.
    Saturday, December 27, 2008 5:46 AM
  • Well, this bug has cost me quite a bit of money!  I put 4 tasks in to pay my estimated income tax payments, each "starting" 2 weeks before it is due.  This worked just fine under Windows Mobile 4 - when it was time to pay, I'd see "Make Income Tax Payment" on my list, and send out my check. 

But, since I've been seeing all 4 instances of "Make Income Tax Payment" on my list all year, I'd learned to ignore them.  Now I have to pay late fines.  Thanks, Microsoft!
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 5:37 PM