CRM Audit on Audit Disable Field RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, In the case entity, I found that there are some Audit records created and it does not say which field trigger the Audit, the "Change Field" column is empty.

Then, I changed each field value one by one and found which field value cause the empty audit record created, but those fields are not Audit enabled.

Any Idea?

Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 10:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For audit tracking, as long as the value of the tracked field is changed, it will capture it. Even if the field triggering is not tracked, if the fields tracked are changed it will display the results.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
     Minal Dahiya
    blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:52 AM
  • Hi,

If you have fields in case entity for which Audit is Disabled and those fields are updated, system will capture the audit for update but will not have any details of field triggered or changed data.

Regards,

Ravi

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 6:30 AM
  • Hi

As for CRM 2011 audit ability, this is a list that can be audited.

• Create, update, and delete operations on records.
    • Changes to the shared privileges of a record.
    • N:N association or disassociation of records.
    • Changes to security roles.
    • Audit changes at the entity, attribute, and organization level. For example, enabling audit on an entity.
    • Deletion of audit logs.
    • When (date/time) a user accesses Microsoft Dynamics CRM data, for how long, and from what client.

It really depends on what exactly are audited, so you may see values for "change field". If you check the details for the audit records, check what actions they are in the audit view in CRM

Jaimie

• Edited by Jaimie Ji Wednesday, October 16, 2013 10:28 AM
    Wednesday, October 16, 2013 10:27 AM
  • But it does not happened for other entity like account and contat, it only audit for the fields which are audit enabled.

I'm using field level auditing, so I disabled all other fields which I don't want to Audit.

Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:36 PM
  • The exact message is "The fields changed by this action are not enabled for audit tracking" I am typing here so that this comes out as the most relevant post.

ManMis

Friday, October 9, 2015 5:21 AM
  • Hello,

So even though Audit is disabled for a field, the system will still capture the audit for update? Even though the Change Data is now blank? So what's the point of disabling Audit on a field.

This is what happened in our case: 

We have a custom field that gets updated daily via a 3rd party scheduler app. At first we set to enable Audit of the field. However later on we realized that it is not necessary to show the Audit History of this field every day the field gets updated, because it makes the Audit History list very dirty.

So we have disabled the Audit History of this field for a few months now. 

However we are very confused now that the Audit History is still showing for that field. The reason we can tell it is actually that field is because it show by the user account that runs the scheduler app, under 'Changed By' (below in screenshot I white-it out). There is no real 'Changed Field' Old Value' and 'New Value' here which is very weird.

This is annoying because these audits hide what users really need to see...

Thanks for your help.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:06 PM