new microsoft product key for valid copy!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Dear madams an sirs

Ok! this is the problem i have!!

I aquired a genuine product key from microsoft £95.00 for the valid copy.

I have had to re-install windows xp pro because of a problem!

the new product key that microsoft installed now will not work !!

no matter how many ways i try to install the new key it will not accept it.  WHY!!

Can some one from here or microsoft advise me or tell me how i can install the product key i paid for (£95.00)

im not sure if they are sending a new xp disc by post at a later date,  

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 7:33 PM

Answers

• Petewg,

You're welcome!

I hope the kit is speeding its way to your doorstep right now.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 6:32 PM

All replies

• So what are you telling me?
                                            Microsoft are downloading the  genuine  tool to  your pc.then advertising  that you can get a genuine product key for a valid copy, letting you pay £95.00
    so you cant use  the product key again!!!!!!!. if that is the case , then its Fraud by microsoft.
    And yes i agree with you that microsoft is over priced!!! it the price of there software was cheeper then it would be better for those who cant afford that kind of monies. meaning they will have more customers. but as you know greed is greed and  bill gates cant take it with him when hes dead. thats a yankee for yer!!
    Wednesday, June 14, 2006 9:58 PM
  • I don't fully understand what you wrote, I know that what ever you try to get them to do, is just there guess, to solve a problem is to prove its repaired.

All they expect to do is believe there software tells them its genuine or non-genuine, its like take out the weeds in the garden, what if someone can cause a problem and make your genuine look fake, yet you can buy or download for free a software that allows you to bypass activation, we pay just to be honest, yet they have a skill to bypass every roadblock microsoft puts in there way, just to share with everyone for free or very small sum, yet may contain a trojan or keylogger to witness someone's visit to there online bank account.

This software is a gamble, they think we signed away our right to use it with all its faults, yet they think its fool-proof, they don't really care, it about money.

They know there the only ones on the market that is easy to use, they expect you to buy more.

If you expect to make this a hobby, this software will fail, I tried testing parts and repairing my Computer, now its impossibe to activate, because it thinks its non-genuine software or used on too many Computers.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:30 PM
  • Telephone activation is available for users who wish to reactivate their machine using different hardware changes on the same machine.

-phil liu

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:37 PM
  • Hello,

Sir, did you overlook the part were he wrote " I tried"

or will I be kicked out for asking?

Thursday, June 15, 2006 12:49 AM
  • Petewg,

I recall postings here on the forum where it was explained that the Product Key (PK) that is immediately sent to you in the email responding to your purchase of the Genuine Windows Offer is a special One-Time-Only Key.

I gather that you received the special One-Time-Only PK, used it, and now due to a problem have reinstalled XP and are trying to use it again.

If that is the case, "one-time-only" means just that!  You will have to wait until your CD and supporting materials arrive, then use the PK included in the Kit to activate the reinstalled XP.  As I understand it, the PK that comes with the kit is a normal PK that can be activated numerous times.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 5:06 AM
  • this is a key that microsoft gave me 3 years ago but now you tell me it's no good ?but the fu kin 1000'ins i pay all the time for all the new *** that comes out my money is all way good ? well microsoft how about this my money went bad so just return it all back to me ! and when you get me a new key i get you new money and we will all be happy :) youi can bet i will not buy opne more thing till i get it !!!! and woiuld like to start a class acction law sute for all the bull sh t you all put out . like this (try this for free for 2 mo. no cdebt card needed )the 1st 2 line in singing up what card will you be useing that is fraud my friends so when do oi get my new key for the one that you gave me so i can contenu to use my pc ???

Thursday, June 15, 2006 4:53 PM
  • AT last!! Dan as answered my question !!

Thank you very much for your e-mail Dan. to be honest i was so rapped up in the problem i had i did'nt fully read what it was saying but now you have explained. I was sure that they was sending me the disce but as time and frustration went by i was a bit p...ssed  off !!

once again thank you! Dan @ IT Associates

hope this has answered the same questions for others 

Regards petewg

Thursday, June 15, 2006 6:17 PM
  • Petewg,

You're welcome!

I hope the kit is speeding its way to your doorstep right now.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 6:32 PM
  • Jibbys5150,

If you would like assistance, please take time out from spewing obscenities and follow these steps:

Step 1 is to download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012, then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a response message in this thread.

Step 2 is to look on the computer or with the materials that came with the computer or the XP that you purchased for a Certificate of Authenticity (COA).  Tell us:

1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for?  Click here:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

Thursday, June 15, 2006 6:40 PM