Unable to Log In/out RRS feed

• Question

• Recently my Windows Home Server Launchpad does not give me the ability to sign in or out.  I am trying to save folders to a file that only certain users have access to and I keep getting an error that I am not authorized to have access, but in fact I do.  So I went to log out to log back in under my account that does have permission and there is no option.  It just says "Settings" and "About."  I have uninstalled the launchpad, restarted my computer, and reinstalled it and still am getting the same scenario.  What can I do because I am unable to save files in places I need to.  I have also used the cmd propmt to do "net stop" and "net start" and still nothing. 
    • Edited by LauraKr24 Thursday, January 14, 2016 12:03 AM
    Thursday, January 14, 2016 12:01 AM

Answers

• Hi,

>Recently my Windows Home Server Launchpad does not give me the ability to sign in or out.  
    I want to confirm with you about the “sign in or out” operation which you mentioned. Does it mean clicking the Dashboard/Remote Web Access on the LAUNCHPAD, and then sign in with domain account?

Only users with administrative permissions can access the Dashboard. And as RWA, check the permission on WHS Dashboard – Users – select the user name and open Properties – Remote Web Access – make sure that Allow permission is configured. 

Besides, have you tried to create a new user account and confirm that if it can log on with this new one?

If the issue persists, you can try to remove/rejoin the client to domain, check to see whether it can access.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 15, 2016 7:41 AM