Unresolved Conflict, Click what you would like to do RRS feed

• Question

• In ione of my online Live Mesh folders, I have a message "There are # unresolved conflicts."  Clicking on that message, I get a nice window asking me to choose between two files, plus the option to keep both files.  So far so good.  But then when I click on one of the options, I get a window that says, "Click what you would like to do," with the options "Skip" or "Cancel."

These options don't really make sense to me.  I've just asked Mesh to perform an operation, why would the options be "skip" or "cancel"?  If I click cancel, the operation is in fact canceled, so far as I can see.  If I click "skip" the results are somewhat unpredictable.  Sometimes, it seems to cancel the operation, sometimes clicking "skip" does nothing, sometimes clicking skip seems to approve the action and the window opens with a the next set of unresolved conflicts.

I'm using XP and, dare I say it, Firefox.

Any ideas?  Thanks!
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 4:44 PM

Answers

• Skip is supposed to move on to the next set of conflicts and leave the pair you were just viewing unresolved. Cancel means, leave the dialog and deal with the whole thing later, I believe.
    Conflict resolution is an area that the Live Mesh team has already noted needs lots of work...
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 5:30 PM