Walkthrough: Single Sign-on from a Custom Web Page CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Has someone implemented the example provided in the SDK "Walkthrough: Single Sign-on from a Custom Web Page"?. I'm trying to create a the web application to connect to crm with the credentials of the connected user through ifd, but when I have developed the example, when I try it, the web page always ask me for the windows credentials, and it is not able to validate me.

I have configure the STS in the visual studio, and I have also make the website relying parties as the CRM application as suggested in the walkthrough, but no success at all. Did you have the same problem?

Thanks

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:44 PM

Answers

• Hi all, finally I found the problem, it was, at least in my case, that the sts visual studio assitant creates the metadata only for role and name. So I uncommented the refered to principalsid and upn (in the web config), and update the metadata (right button in visual studio). Then with this metadata I can create a a relying party and define the same rules as crm (upn, name, principal sid).

Regards

Leandro

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:42 PM

All replies

• I had faced the same problem. It was a while back and i dont have the exact steps now but you may want to check the setspn command. I think that was the one that fixed being prompted with windows credential when you navigate to the page. In my case no matter what credentials were entered it would not accept it and throw and unauthorized or similar error.

Sorry i could not provide more on this...

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 8:47 PM
  • Hi Leandro Fernandez,

I am facing same problem, can you help me out on fixing this if you get the resolution.

Thanks Anil Chelasani http://exploringxrm.wordpress.com/
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 6:17 AM
  • Hi all, finally I found the problem, it was, at least in my case, that the sts visual studio assitant creates the metadata only for role and name. So I uncommented the refered to principalsid and upn (in the web config), and update the metadata (right button in visual studio). Then with this metadata I can create a a relying party and define the same rules as crm (upn, name, principal sid).

Regards

Leandro

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:42 PM