none
Not receiving email alerts from technet forums RRS feed

• Question

• hello, i am a live id member of a few different forums on technet, but i do not receive email alerts from any of the forums.  asp.net forum alerts do work.  i checked spam folders, and there were no alert emails from the technet forums there.  is there anything else i can do without having to set up a hotmail account?  thanks!
    Monday, February 22, 2010 5:39 AM

Answers

• i believe i can answer my own question here. 

not only do you need to ask a question in a forum as a confirmed member, but you also need to click on the "Add to My Forums" link under each forum heading where you expect to receive an alert from.  alerts are now working so far.
    • Marked as answer by desertchief Tuesday, February 23, 2010 8:19 AM
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 8:18 AM

All replies

• i believe i can answer my own question here. 

not only do you need to ask a question in a forum as a confirmed member, but you also need to click on the "Add to My Forums" link under each forum heading where you expect to receive an alert from.  alerts are now working so far.
    • Marked as answer by desertchief Tuesday, February 23, 2010 8:19 AM
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 8:18 AM
  • That's probably coincidence. Whenever you subscribe to a thread, you should get alerts. You don't need to add the forum (My Forums) or ask a question (start a new thread).

When did you start getting alerts?

Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 12:19 AM
  • i received my first two alerts yesterday, from the following thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whatforum/thread/c1c244df-1b2a-4ed7-8db5-2ad4a9be3119

i just received my third alert on this thread.  i haven't received alerts on any of my other threads for the last few years.  that is why i attributed the sudden change to clicking on the "Add to My Forums" links in various forums.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 12:56 AM