Read-only fields are not read-only when formtype is Create: bug? RRS feed

• Question

• I have some fields that are marked Read-Only on my form (using the Read-Only flag in the attribute's properties). I have an OnLoad script that populates these fields with some default values, and I do not expect the field values to be saved -- the field's are read-only and I am not using ForceSubmit to save the values when I save the form.

However, when I save the form the values of the read-only fields are written to the database. This only happens when the form is saved for the first time (ie. when the formtype was Create, not Update).

I've already tested this behaviour using IE7 and IE8 on different PCs and on a number of CRM 4.0 systems using UR10, UR13 and UR14 -- all display the same behaviour.

I can implement a workaround -- an OnSave event to null the values of read-only fields when the formtype is Create -- but this to me to be a bug.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 11:39 AM

Answers

All replies