Admin Password Change RRS feed

• Question

• I changed the administrative password and now I can no longer access important shared files/folders.  I understand that this change has caused a separation between the two.  How do I go about reaccessing the shared files?

I found  Business Desk: Changing the administrative password disconnects the Business Desk Client.  This is the closest I came to solving the problem. It certainly sounds like it would have been the right fix.   I spoke to the software manufacturer and they remote connected and said to talk to my tech guy. He's been unavail.  Trying to solve myself.  They went on to say that their software needs to get it's information from a file.  This file is shared and since I've changed the password, it's been unavailable.  Thanks,

• Moved by Jim Groves Saturday, January 22, 2011 12:02 AM (From:Rights Management Services)
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 5:01 PM

Answers

• This forum is specifically intended to answer questions and answers pertaining to Rights Management Services in Windows Server. It's not a general security forum.

You'll probably get a better answer if you post your question in the Windows 7 Security forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprosecurity/threads.

Jim Groves Sr. Technical Writer, Server & Cloud Division, Microsoft
    • Marked as answer by Jim Groves Tuesday, January 4, 2011 8:32 PM
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 8:32 PM