Cannot add users! (No Option in AD) RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the OCS Beta without any problems. AD Prep ran through and in the AD Users & Computers i see the extra colum for the OCS address.

When right clicking on an existing user i do not have the option to configure the communications for that user. The option is missing!

How can i now add existing users?
    Friday, March 30, 2007 9:49 AM

Answers

• You're probably running it from a Domain Controller (Which cannot show the display specifiers from OCS, much like Exchange).

Try launching ADUC/dsa.msc from you Standard Edition / Enterprise Edition server instead (or install the Office Communications erver Tools on the computer, where you run dsa.msc from).

Friday, March 30, 2007 3:10 PM
  • Randy,

The admin tools do not run in 64-bit. You can launch them using the 32-bit switch (dsa.msc -32)

Thursday, April 5, 2007 7:43 PM

All replies

• You're probably running it from a Domain Controller (Which cannot show the display specifiers from OCS, much like Exchange).

Try launching ADUC/dsa.msc from you Standard Edition / Enterprise Edition server instead (or install the Office Communications erver Tools on the computer, where you run dsa.msc from).

Friday, March 30, 2007 3:10 PM
  • Thanks for the hint. How do i just install the tools?!?
    Monday, April 2, 2007 11:49 AM
  • Found it! Thanks works now!!
    Monday, April 2, 2007 12:15 PM
  • I have the same issue.  I am running dsa.msc on the OCS, SE server.  I have tried re-installing the admintools.msi from the OCS setup folder to no avail...

Couple of notes:

1. The box is running W2k3 R2/x64 (maybe the admin tools are having issues with 64-bit?)

2.  I used to have an ADAM instance on this server, but have removed it.  (ADAM remnants causing issues?)

TIA...

Randy Nale

Monday, April 2, 2007 4:29 PM
  • I have the same issue.  I am using dsa.msc on the OCS box (not a DC).  I have tried re-installing the admintools.msi a couple of times.  I am logged on as the domain/enterprise admin (its a lab environment).

Couple of notes:

The server is w2k3 R2 64-bit.  Will the 64-bit cause issues maybe?

The box used to run an ADAM instance, but that has been uninstalled.  Adam remnants confusing the installer maybe?

Any suggestions?

Randy Nale

Monday, April 2, 2007 5:17 PM
  • The issue turned out to be in the release notes for OCS public beta.  64-bit MMC is not supported for the OCS snapins.
    Monday, April 2, 2007 9:29 PM
  • Randy,

The admin tools do not run in 64-bit. You can launch them using the 32-bit switch (dsa.msc -32)

Thursday, April 5, 2007 7:43 PM