none
getting 0X0800CCC0e error code when trying to connect verizon.net email both outlook 2016 and 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• in outlook 2019, I have two emails accounts, one gmail and one verison.net Gmail works fine, but with Verizon.net, i am betting 0X0800CCC0E error code. I had someone else in the house, try their verizon.net account, they got the same error. I triedon three different devices, and got the same error on all three devices. 

I can login to yahoo mail with my verizon.net account, and the account also works with outlook for Android on  my smart phone with no problem.

they all stopped working sometime about 3/18/2020.

I deoeted the account the acount on outlook, and tried to add it again. but was not successful. I also deleted it from my smart phone, and was able to successfully add it back.

what can be the possible problem

Sunday, March 22, 2020 10:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to our forum.

According to your description, this may not be a client issue since only verizon.net accounts have this issue with Outlook desktop client. There may be something changed with verizon.net accounts on Outlook client. To check this, it is suggested to contact your email account provider for some information.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 23, 2020 6:32 AM
  •   Dear "getting error code" -- For what it's worth, my verizon.net email has been suffering from a particular problem for a long time, and it's gotten worse:

My Outlook shows lots of "can't connect" error messages when connecting to it, and then it re-downloads all the emails in the verizon.net server's inbox.  I now go into mail.aol.com on a browser at least once a day to delete junk and move the remainder to Archive, so as to reduce the re-downloading. 

AOL runs the verizon.net emails, and it is doing a terrible job.

(Why did you put your user name here as "Getting error code ..."?  You might want to change it to "Not AOL fan".)

Do others have the same re-download problem as me?

glnzglnz
    ☺ In the office, Dell Optiplex 7040 with 8GB RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit and Office 2016
    ☻ At home, Dell Optiplex 7010 with 16GB RAM dual-booting Win 7 Pro 64-bit and Win 10 Pro 64-bit (both with Office 365 Home)
    ♥ Also still have Dell Optiplex 755 with 4GB RAM with Win XP Pro SP3 (which got updates through April 2019 with the POS hack) and Office 2003

• Edited by glnzglnz Monday, March 23, 2020 10:02 AM
    Monday, March 23, 2020 10:01 AM
  • Hi,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:27 AM
  • 1. Repair Outlook

2. Check server requirement from settings
    Open Outlook.
    Open File > Tools > Account Settings.
    On the Account Settings window, click on the E-mail Tab. The following window should open.
    Select your email account from the list.
    A new window called Email account should open. On it find the “More Setting” button and click it.
    The following “Internet E-mail Setting” window should open.
    Open the Outgoing Server tab.
    On it, check the “My outgoing server (SMTP) required authentication” box.
    Click on OK to apply the changes.

Once the process is complete, restart Outlook and check if error code 0x800ccc0e persists. If it does, try the next solution.

3. Delete duplicate accounts
    Another possible solution is to look for duplicate accounts, which may be causing conflicts, and delete them. Duplicate accounts have been known to cause the 0x800ccc0e error. Simply follow these steps:
    On the Outlook Menu, select Tools.
    Go to Accounts and navigate to the Mail tab.
    Select any duplicate mail account that you see.
    Click on the Remove button to remove those accounts.
    Once the process is complete, restart Outlook and check if error code 0x800ccc0e persists. If it does, try the next solution.

4. Change server port number
    Open Outlook.
    Open File > Tools > Account Settings.
    On the Account Settings window, click on the E-mail Tab. The following window should open.
    Select your email account from the list.
    A new window called Email account should open. On it find the “More Setting” button and click it.
    The following “Internet E-mail Setting” window should open.
    Open the Advanced tab.
    On it, change the Outgoing server (SMTP) port number to 587.
    Click on OK to apply the changes.

5. Re-install Outlook

1. Open Control Panel.

2. Go to Programs and Features.

3. Find “Microsoft Office 365” (or any office application that applies) and select it.

4. Click on “Uninstall” at at the top of the Programs and Features window. An uninstallation wizard should pop open. Follow the on-screen instructions.

5. Once the process is complete, re-install Office to add a fresh installation of Outlook.

Once the process is complete, create your account and try sending the email again. Hopefully the problem will have been resolved.

If none of the solutions listed above worked for you, you should consider contacting Office Support.

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 9:26 AM