Is it possible to determine when Synchronizing for the first time? RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to ask MSSync if this is the first time it's synching the database.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
    Mark.
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 10:32 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Monday, July 2, 2007 10:09 AM

Answers

• It is possible. On the server side, there is a session variable called "SyncSession.SyncInitialized" which is set in the to 0 for the first sync such that your TSQL\SProc code can act differently for the initial sync phase if you so chose. The value of this variable is based on the LastReceivedAnchor value received from the client; if it is null or empty anchor, then this is the first sync time.

Thanks

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 4:28 PM
  • this property was removed in the sync service 2.0 release.

thanks

Yunwen

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 6:06 PM

All replies

• It is possible. On the server side, there is a session variable called "SyncSession.SyncInitialized" which is set in the to 0 for the first sync such that your TSQL\SProc code can act differently for the initial sync phase if you so chose. The value of this variable is based on the LastReceivedAnchor value received from the client; if it is null or empty anchor, then this is the first sync time.

Thanks

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 4:28 PM
  • From the D******ServerSyncProvider how do I gain access to the SyncSession.SyncInitialized property?&n******sp; Also, I was looking at the SyncSession class in ******OL and did not see a SyncInitialized property.&n******sp; Has it ******een removed in the latest li******raries?

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 4:14 PM
  • this property was removed in the sync service 2.0 release.

thanks

Yunwen

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 6:06 PM