Move CRM to different Domain 2 Web Services Error RRS feed

• Question

• I have move the CRM Database from one domain to a new domain following kb 952934 using the deployment manager. I have tried it with applying the hotfix 950680 which points to "Update Rollup 5 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0". Neither way worked, I will explain what errors I got. 1st) with the update, I coming to do with business unit error when I went to CRM and this error in the error in the application log

Exception information:

Exception type: ActiveDirectoryServerDownException

Exception message: The server is not operational.

2nd) approach without installing the update. The crm worked apart from the /2007/crmservice.asmx webserivce and the error I got in the application server was :

Exception information:
        Exception type: TypeLoadException
        Exception message: Could not load type 'Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.ResetSyncStateInfo' from assembly 'Microsoft.Crm.Sdk, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

I would appreciate if anyone has got any thoughts on what could cause this or know any solutions. The environment consists of 2 server AD on one and SQL, MOSS and SQL on another.

Thursday, August 6, 2009 4:31 PM

Answers

• Where is the CRM server in this mix?  CRM & SQL have to be in the same domain.

Matt, MVP - Dynamics CRM
    Friday, August 7, 2009 11:25 PM