locked
CRM Reporting Problem RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello!

     

    So, we just converted from CRM 3.0 to 4.0. What we have discovered however is that the reporting module generates the following error when we try to generate a report.

     

    The permissions granted to user 'SFR06\IUSR_A2050' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)

     

    So after a lot of trolling around online, we believe the problem to be related to the IUSR account and anonymous access. Our problem is that we can not track down a solution.

     

    To partly solve the issue we have disabled anonymous access on the report server virtual directory within IIS, as well as the sub directory to the Microsoft Dynamics Site entitled "CRMReports". This will allow a report to be run, but it prompts for you for credentials, and any images that dynamically tie to that report won't load.

     

    So I am entirely confused on where we need to allow and disallow this anonymous access with the IUSR account... Quite frankly I have no idea how or why it ever got modified to begin with.

     

    If you have any suggestions I would be most greatful! I'm losing a serious amount of hair over this.

     

    Thanks in advance!

    John

     

     

    Monday, January 12, 2009 11:40 PM

Answers

  •  

    some questions:

     

    Did you install the srs data connector?  If not, install it--it is with the install files.  This will solve most CRM reporting issues.

     

    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 8:28 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  •  

    some questions:

     

    Did you install the srs data connector?  If not, install it--it is with the install files.  This will solve most CRM reporting issues.

     

    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 8:28 AM
    Moderator
  • Hey Joel,

     

    Thanks for the suggestion! I was worried about deploying SRS as we have a single server implementation for CRM, and most of what I read was implying it is best used in a multiple server configuration. There was one additional step we had to do along with installing the CRM Report Connector... Inside of IIS I had to disable anonymous access on the directory security for "Report Server".

     

    The combination of the two seemed to make things click though, and thus far our reports seem to be going along.

     

    ...I don't know if this is related or not, but the security log in event viewer for the CRM server is now going nuts with security auditing. I'm not sure if it was doing this before or not, but it's running 8 - 10 audits per second. I can't suspect that is normal, but I really have no idea.

     

    Thanks so much!

    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 4:33 PM