Home Server RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to put my Web Page on the Home Server again and I cannot remember how I did it before

Could someone please jog my memory - I am using Frontpage  2003 and IIS

On the Home Server I cannot place my Domain name as well as when I go to configure it staes that the server name is already used - can you please advise on this as well

thanks for any assistance I can get as I have been trying for the last couple of days

Poppa Kevin

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:28 AM

All replies

• Hosting an own website on Windows Home Server is unsupported and may mess up the IIS configuration up to a level, that you need to reinstall WHS. (Also be aware, that using a machine in a home network for hosting a website accessible for Internet users usually cannot provide the bandwidth needed, if the number of concurrent users is more than a very few, simply because the upload bandwidth of common DSL connections is much lower than the download bandwidth.)

For getting back the same domain name (assuming you are referring to xyz.homeserver.com name) you need to use the same Live ID as you did use for registration. If you used a solution provided by an OEM (i.e. HP) this may be tied to something different or even be impossible without paying.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 10:22 AM