none
My client cannot email hotmail.com or live.com

Question

• Hello,

My client's emails are being rejected when addressed to hotmail.com or live.com domain names.  The client's domain name is: elitepower.com (12.69.87.210) - the ISP is AT&T

The failure messages are as follows:

SNT0-MC3-F4.Snt0.hotmail.com rejected your message to the following e-mail addresses:

Cameron Priest (cameronpriest@live.com)

SNT0-MC3-F4.Snt0.hotmail.com gave this error:
    SC-002 (SNT0-MC3-F4) Unfortunately, messages from 12.69.87.210 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

and

BAY0-MC1-F46.Bay0.hotmail.com rejected your message to the following e-mail addresses:

frankenstein1031@hotmail.com (frankenstein1031@hotmail.com)

BAY0-MC1-F46.Bay0.hotmail.com gave this error:
    SC-002 (BAY0-MC1-F46) Unfortunately, messages from 12.69.87.210 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

I've checked numerous blacklisting sites and cannot find any that have blacklisted 12.69.87.210.  Further, we are using ESET Mail Security running on an Exchange email server and have confirmed that we are not a mail relay nor is any computers in the environment infected.  I've ran dns checks and no fialures have been found.  Further, AT&T is hosting the MX record as follows:

$ORIGIN elitepower.com.

@               IN SOA  cbru.br.ns.els-gms.att.net. rm-hostmaster.ems.att.com.                      2 10800 3600 604800 86400

@               IN NS   cbru.br.ns.els-gms.att.net.

@               IN NS   cmtu.mt.ns.els-gms.att.net.

mail            IN A    12.69.87.210

remote       IN A    12.68.87.210

@               IN MX   10 mail.elitepower.com.

Thank you for you immediate attention and help in this matter,

Scott Brozinick

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 2:36 AM

All replies