Win 7 ultimate validation issue RRS feed

• Question

• Have a fresh windows 7 ultimate 64 SP1 installed on a Lenovo PC.   It worked fine for a few months but suddenly the windows says not genuine.   If the code was not genuine,  then why did it activate and run for several months?    If someone else used the license,  why not invalidate their activation and not mine ???   Anyway, I purchased another code from a 3rd party and tried to use it to activate but computer will not activate by internet.   Used to be a process to activate by phone,  but there is no way I can find to get the phone activation number for the US from MS site or from the computer activation utility as the site instructions describe.  There is no one to chat with or call.    I have 2 licenses that are supposed to be good but won't activate and no way to get help that I can find from Microsoft.    I am not interested in reinstalling a fresh version again.   I have the PC set up with a dual boot option for win 7 and as well a separate partition for win 10 using a separate win 7 pro license.  (only because my other PC which was a win 10 upgrade as well,   went blue screen after a win 10 update and restart.   As I understand a known problem for some PC's with some driver conflicts.   Microsoft used to be a name you could trust.   I am not experiencing the same company that I have used for the last 20 years.
    Monday, March 14, 2016 12:52 AM

Answers

• Your should only purchase a Windows 7 license from a proven trustworthy seller.  Those that sell only products keys are doing so illegally as they were likely stolen. pirated, or counterfeit. A proven trustworthy seller of genuine Windows 7 can be found here. Please note that Windows 7 Ultimate is no longer sold.

Carey Frisch

Monday, March 14, 2016 1:17 AM