Sandcastle Error RRS feed

• Question

• Am getting the following error. Can anyone help?

SHFB: Error BE0065: BUILD FAILED: The SDK 'Microsoft.NET.Sdk' specified could not be found.  C:\Source\Repos\... \ProjectFile.csproj
       at Microsoft.Build.Shared.ProjectErrorUtilities.ThrowInvalidProject(String errorSubC

Tuesday, November 3, 2020 5:48 PM

All replies

• Couple of things, it's been a long time since installing SandCastle but seem to remember there are a lot of prerequisites which if not installed right can be an issue. You can contact the author by opening the about dialog.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

My GitHub code samples
    GitHub page

Tuesday, November 3, 2020 6:19 PM
  • You're trying to use the newer SDK format project files with an old tool that doesn't support it. I don't even think Sandcastle is used anymore but I could be wrong. The actual tool, not SHFB was archived by MS a whiel back. Irrelevant it doesn't seem to support the newer project system. There is a backlog item in the Github repo for supporting the common project system but this predates the final SDK format. There is an issue mentioned about .NET Standard 2.0 support which seems to indicate it could support it but that is hard to tell.

If you want to use Sandcastle then I think you'll have to stick with the old project format. However SandCastle and SFHB are third party products and not related to C# so these questions should be posted in the Github repo for them.

Michael Taylor http://www.michaeltaylorp3.net

Tuesday, November 3, 2020 6:49 PM