none
WHS connected to Fractional or Full T-1's RRS feed

Answers

• It will be fine.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, March 12, 2010 7:54 PM
  • A DS1 (sometimes called  T1, T-1, or DS-1) line is synchronous, and has much lower latency (usually) than a standard residential Internet connection. So in theory it will deliver files out to the internet much faster 2x-5x). It is, however, going to be slower for downloading than a cable modem, FiOS, etc. You will pay several hundred dollars a month (the average was $600 +/- last time I looked) for a DS1 line, however...

This forum is not the place to gain a general understanding of networking, I'm afraid. I recommend your local public library...

• Marked as answer by JSHollis Friday, March 12, 2010 8:56 PM
    Friday, March 12, 2010 8:42 PM

All replies

• It will be fine.
    Friday, March 12, 2010 7:54 PM
  • I am assuming because of the robust ability of this type of connection serving and being served file delivery would be substantial?
    Friday, March 12, 2010 7:58 PM
  • A DS1 (sometimes called  T1, T-1, or DS-1) line is synchronous, and has much lower latency (usually) than a standard residential Internet connection. So in theory it will deliver files out to the internet much faster 2x-5x). It is, however, going to be slower for downloading than a cable modem, FiOS, etc. You will pay several hundred dollars a month (the average was $600 +/- last time I looked) for a DS1 line, however...

This forum is not the place to gain a general understanding of networking, I'm afraid. I recommend your local public library...

• Marked as answer by JSHollis Friday, March 12, 2010 8:56 PM
    Friday, March 12, 2010 8:42 PM