Add custom button to *all* CRM Ribbons RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone know if it is possible to add a button to all entity ribbons by placing the ribbon XML in one place?

I know I can edit the RibbonDiff on an entity by entity basis, I'd just like to aviod the hassle of having the same definition in ~100 places.

Cheers,

Malachy

Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:19 AM

Answers

• hi,

You need to add button on "Ribbon application" which shows button on all entity. for this purpose you can use the "visual ribbon" editor and edit the "Ribbon application".

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Subhash

Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:20 AM
  • You need to edit the application ribbon to place a button that is available across the CRM application.

HTH

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, June 27, 2013 10:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Connor,

I am afraid you can't but you could use Tools such as Ribbon Work Bench or Visual Ribbon Editor to speed up the process of updating many Entity forms. Its hectic but it follows the supported way.

Regards,

Darrel

vote as helpful or mark as answer if it answered your query

Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:43 AM
  • hi,

You need to add button on "Ribbon application" which shows button on all entity. for this purpose you can use the "visual ribbon" editor and edit the "Ribbon application".

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Subhash

Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:20 AM
  • You need to edit the application ribbon to place a button that is available across the CRM application.

HTH

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, June 27, 2013 10:28 AM
  • Thanks - worked a charm. 

Can't believe I didnt think of that myself!

Only issue I'm having is that when i create a Group using the Ribbon Editor the group name is "Custom" but I'm sure thats a Ribbon Editor issue.

Friday, June 28, 2013 12:37 AM