Full system restore does not recognize my hard drive RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to restore a Lenovo Latptop (T400).  I followed the process that I've used with another Lenovo laptop without any issues but when I load the additional drivers that it needs for the network my hard disk driver is no longer in the list of drivers and it doesn't recognize the C drive where I need to do the full restore to.

When I boot from the CD restore, it sees the hard drive but not the network card.  I copied the necessary drivers to a USB thumb drive and asked that to scan the USB drive for the drivers needed.  It is able to see the network card and connect to the server but I cannot select drive C to restore to.  Can someone give me a solution to this problem or a work around?

Thanks.

Rafael
    Monday, March 9, 2009 3:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    are you able to change the SATA controller mode in Bios to IDE (PATA, ATA)? This would remove the need for drivers for the mass storage controller during restore.
    The drivers are created from what a system? Should be 32 Bit, otherwise they will fail. Ideally the drivers would be for Vista, since the restore CD is based on Vista PE.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, March 9, 2009 3:58 PM