Imported Organization WF's failing with users in emails RRS feed

• Question

• We moved server and I imported our organization after moving it to the new server.  I chose leave existing user mapping. 
    We have 2 issues
    1. all WF's that have an email with users in TO, CC, BCC are failin.  And if you click the user in the running WF you get record not found.  We resolved future issues by reselecting and republishing the WF's.  This still doesn't fix existing WF's.  Any ideas on how to resolve this? I'm currently searching the tables to see if I can fix some guids, but no clue where running WF's are stored.
    2.  All saved views no longer work where the criteria contains a user.

Everything else is working flawlessly
    Withers
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 10:30 PM

Answers

• Hi Withers,

By 'My existing workflows' you mean workflows that were in the middle of running?  I think you may have an issue that is not easy to fix. 

You may have to manually specify the new user in any view and workflow.  As for the running workflows I think you are out of luck there too.  I ran into a similar issue last year and did not find an elegant solution.  The later rollup did alleviate the issue where now you can get workflow to automatic map if you re-map users, but i found no easy fix for the workflows that were in the middle of running.

Just in case - do you have update rollup 7 installed ?

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    • Marked as answer by David Withers Thursday, November 19, 2009 11:17 PM
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 4:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Withers,

By 'My existing workflows' you mean workflows that were in the middle of running?  I think you may have an issue that is not easy to fix. 

You may have to manually specify the new user in any view and workflow.  As for the running workflows I think you are out of luck there too.  I ran into a similar issue last year and did not find an elegant solution.  The later rollup did alleviate the issue where now you can get workflow to automatic map if you re-map users, but i found no easy fix for the workflows that were in the middle of running.

Just in case - do you have update rollup 7 installed ?

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    • Marked as answer by David Withers Thursday, November 19, 2009 11:17 PM
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 4:37 AM
  • Yes we are running Rollup 7
    and yes i'm referring to existing WF's

Luckily I only have a about 10 users that need to be remapped.  So If I can find the table that stores running WF's I should be able to fix the GUIDs

Thanks for your response Alex.
    Withers
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 3:14 PM