SSL on CRM 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I hope somebody can assist me.

I have a local CRM installaion and I am trying to get the email router to work. I get a  "The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel" error in the event log (ID 26234) when trying to load data inside the Email Router Configuration Manager. Our mail server sits in the cloud and its domain name is exchange.ourdomain.com. The CRM server's domain name is CRM.ourdomain.local. I tried importing the certificate from our exchange server onto the CRM, but the problem is that the certificate is for *.ourdomain.com. I am not sure if this is the problem because I am very new to SSL. If I can't get this to work is there a way to disable Data Encryption? I read that you can't turn it off again but won't a reinstall maybe help? The other reason why I am also using SSL is because CRM doesn't allow me to specify credentials without it. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 3:30 PM

All replies

• Hi John,

A few thoughts.

You said you installed the Certificate for your Exchange onto CRM. Did you specifically install it onto the Email Router Machine? Because that is where it needs to do (not the CRM backend machine).

You can in fact turn it off if you want too, however does your Email Server itself require it? If so the you can't turn it off, not because technically you can't but because you won't get your email there.

If you have not looked at this already I would recommend it

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh699786.aspx

It talks all about the email router configuration

You should be able to use your * certificate and it work properly. However... to be honest I haven't seen anyone (that I know of) use that type yet :-)

Cheers

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 8:40 PM
  • did you check following KB article for this?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/954584

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

Friday, September 4, 2015 2:04 PM
    Answerer