CRM access issue at remote sites RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My organization has offices in 3 cities. Sites are connected through VPN. CRM users on remote site often complaint of slow CRM response.

Can I install a local application server at remote sites? Please suggest if any other solution than "bandwidth increment" is possible?

Saturday, February 2, 2008 4:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• You may indeed install CRM on a local server. However, you will need to buy an additional server licence for each additional installation.

During the installation you need to specify to connect to an existing CRM database. There is no supported solution for having a copy of the SQL database locally.

Sunday, February 3, 2008 7:45 AM
  • I don't agree with this solution. What if 2 differ leads get same id on different sites?

Sunday, February 3, 2008 12:01 PM
  • Dear Sohaib,

Your problem is standard CRM 3.0 VPN slow perfomance issue, and there is no way to use application server. But there is one thing possible which you can try. Host your CRM and use outlook client on , use mostly offline content and then synchronize it.

One suggestion if you check CRM 4 enterprise design for such a way.

see  The performance of your CRM implementation is one of the key factors for customer acceptance. There are multiple options available for optimizing your system. Here's a list to get started:

Microsoft - Optimize Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0

Microsoft - Optimize Microsoft Dynamics CRM 1.2

Aaron Elder - Optimize the CRM Webservice Calls

Brein Reid - Reduce the amount of useless calls to IIS 6.0 Applications for optimal Performance

It will help you regarding optimize and improve performance.

Best Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Sunday, February 3, 2008 4:20 PM
  •  

But they won't. I suggested having a CRM web server at the remote site; the web server would still look to the same single database (at the main office) so there is no chance of 2 leads getting the same GUID.

Even when working offline in the Outlook client, the CRM synchronization mechanism will ensure that a GUID is not duplicated.

Sunday, February 3, 2008 5:35 PM