none
Transporting data received from RS232 to computer excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.  I need to monitor the operation of an emergency communication system that uses a microcontroller master and slave.  I want to send a token from the master microcontroller to the slave and back to the master.  Once the token reaches the master, I want to sent a 'system ok' message to the computer via hypertermal.  Once it gets there, I wish to transport it t ms excel and time stamp it as a record of serviceability of the system.   This will happen every 5 minutes

regards

City_lat

Thursday, June 27, 2019 1:19 PM

All replies

• Hello,

If you have any attempts code-wise please show the code so that whomever is looking to assist does not go in the wrong direction unless you are willing to follow a different code path.

Also, please specify the version of Visual Studio, Framework version and some more details about the microcontroller e.g. are there any SDK or API for this.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Thursday, June 27, 2019 1:22 PM
  • Hi

The microcontroller is a PIC microcontroller.  I wish to use the Excel VBA from microsoft. 

Friday, June 28, 2019 1:36 PM
  • Hi

The microcontroller is a PIC microcontroller.  I wish to use the Excel VBA from microsoft. 

Hi,

According to your description, your issue is more related about VBA. And this forum is discussing and asking questions about the vb.net.
    Ask in the following forum.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=isvvba

Best Regards,

Alex

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 1, 2019 6:32 AM