CRM 2013 Updates RRS feed

• Question

• We are in the position to upgrade to CRM 2013. As of right now I don't see any compelling reason to make the switch. Is there a plan or document that highlight what is coming in future rollups. I will take the time and do the upgrade if I see something will wow my users.

Thanks

Monday, June 2, 2014 1:49 PM

All replies

• Tuesday, June 3, 2014 7:07 AM
  • What would you consider compelling?

Vanilla CRM 2013 brought much better sales and process automation with built-in stage gating.  Something most sales managers find compelling.  Exchange Synchronization is also very nice from an administration and business process improvement perspective, assuming you have both CRM and Exchange on premises.

The Leo update is a large customer service/call center update with much better call management, and the release of the unified desktop software.   Leo also brings Exchange Sync online, but if you're just now upgrading to CRM 2013, I assume you aren't online.  It does, however, improve SharePoint document management and sync as well, which is nice.

Dynamics Marketing is also getting a proper update (which, while not CRM, is the third pillar of what CRM has been) about this time, too.

So all three major pillars of CRM got some kind of update (or is getting one right now).

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 2:35 PM