Compare values RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

i have a requirement to compare the hobbies of a contact based on a rule and classify into some categories (like reading or gardening in 1 category and reading ,films in 2nd category) . Also a rule which sends a mail based on the category it belongs. i hope i have to use sql for this. But can anyone tell me how i can implement this
    Thanks, Aarch
    • Changed type Aarch Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:45 AM it is
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:41 AM

Answers

• I think you should use plugin. Post create and Post Update on contact enttiy. you can also get the parent contact in the plugin plus as it is a normal c# code, you can compare its values as well. & send email.
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:58 AM

All replies

• Depending on your rule requirements, you can achieve this using workflows, plugins or even javascript on the form itself. You shouldn't need to use SQL.

Shafraz

http://crmdude.wordpress.com/
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:48 AM
  • but workflows never checks if value1 =value2 like that rite...

in my primary contacts form i have a set of hobbies(can be as a child record or as text field or checkbox)

i need to compare with the hobbies of its parent form that is contact form and check whether these 2 matches as per the rule . and then i should send a mail to the concerned person after this
    Thanks, Aarch
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:51 AM
  • I think you should use plugin. Post create and Post Update on contact enttiy. you can also get the parent contact in the plugin plus as it is a normal c# code, you can compare its values as well. & send email.
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:58 AM
  • You can use workflow to check whether the value in a field is a certain value, whether static or dynamic. However, if you want to delve into child records to check values, then you'll need to do it programmatically whether using a plug-in or a custom workflow activity. 
    http://crmdude.wordpress.com/
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 9:20 AM