none
Error while saving a plan in Project Server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an error while saving the plan in Project Server 2007(in MPP):

"The file cannot be opened

* Check that the file name and path are correct

* Check that the file format is recognized by Project.

Project files saved in a version earlier than Microsoft Project can't be opened.

If your file is from an earlier version,open it in that version, click Save as (File menu), and save in MPX format. Open the MPX file in the current version of Project. When you use this method, project data is imported, but formatting is lost.

I have received this error recently, so i restored the backup copy but often i use to receive this error.

What is the cause of this issue and how to resolve this?

K.Gokulraj
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 10:20 AM

Answers

• Hi K.Gokulraj

It has been long since this thread has been posted or updated, closing this thread assuming this has been already resolved, closing is necessary in order to keep the forum moderated

please feel free to either reopen this thread or create a new one if you feel it has not been resolved & warrants further discussion

Also would suggest if you find an answer or a workaround to this problem, please share in order for other forum members to get benefit of your experience

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:54 PM

All replies

• Make sure you are running the most current Service pack for both client and server.   Clean up your cache prior to opening up project schedule.

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 10:54 AM
  • Hi,

We have installed the Service Pack and cleared the cache.

This issue is coming in only few system, once we restart the system it works but can anyone tell me what could be the cause of this issue?

Regards,

K.Gokulraj

K.Gokulraj
    Friday, July 29, 2011 6:31 AM
  • Hi K.Gokulraj

It has been long since this thread has been posted or updated, closing this thread assuming this has been already resolved, closing is necessary in order to keep the forum moderated

please feel free to either reopen this thread or create a new one if you feel it has not been resolved & warrants further discussion

Also would suggest if you find an answer or a workaround to this problem, please share in order for other forum members to get benefit of your experience

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:54 PM