One Care Circle RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone tell me how to add my son's computer to my one care circle? I have installed Windows Live One Care on my Computer, from a store bought installation disc, and set my computer as the hub; now I have installed it on his computer, but can not finish the installation process as it asks me to associate his computer with a subscription. I want to associate it with my subscription and add his computer to my circle, but am not having any success in doing so. Please help. Thank You.

Sunday, May 25, 2008 6:46 PM

Answers

• You should be able to sign in with the LiveID for your subscription during the activation process on his PC and that will automatically add it to your Circle.

On your PC, open OneCare and click on Help/About. You'll see the subscription ID listed - that's the LiveID to activate on your son's PC with.

-steve

Monday, May 26, 2008 7:29 PM

All replies

• You should be able to sign in with the LiveID for your subscription during the activation process on his PC and that will automatically add it to your Circle.

On your PC, open OneCare and click on Help/About. You'll see the subscription ID listed - that's the LiveID to activate on your son's PC with.

-steve

Monday, May 26, 2008 7:29 PM
  • I cant seem to get two computer to circle together mine being the main one the second beind the circleing one can smeone help me i have uninstalled this program three times to get this going right

Saturday, August 9, 2008 8:03 PM
  •  HOOPTYME1967 wrote:

I cant seem to get two computer to circle together mine being the main one the second beind the circleing one can smeone help me i have uninstalled this program three times to get this going right

Both PCs will need to be activated with the same LiveID in order for them to be a Circle and for one or both PCs to be made into a hub. Open OneCare on the original activated copy for your subscription and go to Help/About. The subscription ID shown is the LiveID that you need to activate the install of OneCare on the second PC with.

If you encounter problems with this, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, August 11, 2008 4:57 PM