locked
Import new organization - failure RRS feed

  • Question

  •  

    I have installed CRM 4.0 Professional and Reporting Services Connector successfully, and now I want to import my organization. The default org from the installation is disabled, but I still receive an error message, even though I used the same Reporting Services sever on the default organization and Reporting Services is on the same server as CRM. This is the error message:

    Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Server Was Not Found

    Cause

    Setup did not find the specified SQL Server Reporting Services server. The following causes are possible reasons for this failure:

    • SQL Server Reporting Services is not installed on the specified computer or the SQL Server Reporting Services version that is running on the computer is earlier than SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 with SP2.
    • If SQL Server Reporting Services is installed on a computer other than the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 server, a network connectivity problem could be preventing this test from completing.
    • You may not have sufficient permissions for the specified SQL Server Reporting Services server.

    Solution

    Verify the following details and then run Setup again:

    • The specified computer has SQL Server Reporting Services installed and the version is SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 SP2, or later versions. If the version is earlier than SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 SP2, you must upgrade the computer.
    • If SQL Server Reporting Services is installed on a computer other than the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 server, verify network connectivity.
    • Verify that you have at least local administrative credentials on the SQL Server Reporting Services server.

     

     

    If you've got an idea what I can do, please reply.

    Thanks!!

    Wednesday, December 3, 2008 8:51 AM

Answers

  • Thanks, I tried that as well.

    I discovered what caused it. SSRS was using the same service account as CRM, and they are on the same computer. I changed SSRS web service identity and the import succeeded!

    Thursday, December 4, 2008 9:24 AM

All replies

  • I can say that bfore running the import wizard dont disable the default organization.

    First run the import wizard and once it gets completed then disable the default organization.

    Check if this works.

    Thursday, December 4, 2008 1:31 AM
  • Thanks, I tried that as well.

    I discovered what caused it. SSRS was using the same service account as CRM, and they are on the same computer. I changed SSRS web service identity and the import succeeded!

    Thursday, December 4, 2008 9:24 AM