"A backup is starting" RRS feed

• Question

• This morning my PC had the "backup completed successfully" notification from the system tray connector icon. When I acknowledged that the follow on said "A backup is starting. Click here to check status" but the backup had started, completed and was recorded in the event log and on WHS.

Presumably it's the one that would appear when the backup started, but is not being processed properly on this machine. It certainly confused me Smile

I'm using my "secondary" PC as my main one's died (and being x64 has no proper backup!) so this is actually the second time I've noticed this but thought it was my not being awake in the first instance. It's an MCE machine, which was successfully roused from sleep and went back into it afterwards.

I did a search of the forums but didn't find anything. I also failed to grab a screen dump of this (too quick with the mouse) but will try next time.

Sunday, July 1, 2007 10:24 AM

Answers

• I’m seeing this same issue now. My desktop is no longer going back into hibernation after the backup. When I logon in the morning I get the backup starting message followed by a backup complete. The backup actually completed several hours earlier.

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 10:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Crash,

In vista 32, it always give me a head of 5 minutes time, also when backup start it, the pop up windows show me the processing of backing up the change files.

So it working here I guess, I will see if I can find this on my laptop (I use win xp pro on it).

My best.
    Monday, July 2, 2007 1:02 AM
  • If I start my laptop during the backup window, WHS will often grab my machine and start a backup while it's still booting to my full desktop. I then get the "your backup is complete," followed by "a backup is starting." I think the messages get queued up and somehow display out of order. WHS should really wait until the desktop is completely loaded, but I'm not complaining as long as it works.
    Tuesday, July 3, 2007 2:34 AM
  • Thanks, reassuring to know I'm not alone!
    Tuesday, July 3, 2007 10:00 PM
  • I’m seeing this same issue now. My desktop is no longer going back into hibernation after the backup. When I logon in the morning I get the backup starting message followed by a backup complete. The backup actually completed several hours earlier.

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 10:34 PM
  • At least yours are in the right order....!
    Tuesday, July 3, 2007 10:53 PM