What are the Decision factor for Dynamics CRM Server 2011 (On-Premise) Hardware and Software Configurations RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all CRM Architects,

I have done quite a bit in development and gaining experience everyday. It is quite a fun.
    I am very excited working with architects and wanted to know the deciding factors to design and architect the CRM hardware and software configurations. There are lots of blogs I can find on this topic. But in real world how to decide that the project needs a distributed architecture or everything in one box? How to decide on hard drive capacity, RAM capacity, etc. how the architects come to a number for the configuration?

How they decide the visual studio versions (ultimate or professional),  the OS of the server. The communication mode between the server, load balancing.

For eg if I have to implement a CRM for 500 base CRM users and 15000 non-CRM external users, what would be the perfect configuration of hardware n software of the Box?

Please share your maths/calculation behind it and the experience as well.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Puneet Joshi ----------------------------------------------------------- Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Puneet,

There are lot of factors behind this and lot many analysis required to decide final configuration.

First you have to perform analysis from client side their current system configuration and what actual they want. Then you have to use minimum number of application servers but high configuration if there are lot many concurrent users and just check once implementation guide.

You have to distibute users in all application servers so that load will be equally shared in all. and you need to check database size also if migrating from old system to new one....if more number of users then install crm and sql on diff. diff. boxes for better performance.

Thanks,

Note - This analysis as per my knowledge not 100% applicable all the time so please check once MS implementation guide CRM 2011.

Mundra

Did you find this post useful? pls vote it up!

Thursday, July 26, 2012 9:52 AM