Gamegaurd and not validated vista RRS feed

• Question

• Hiya,

Since im playing a private server of Rose online i get every time errors about my windows cant update because its illigal >

Ive buyed my laptop on www.laptopshop.nl and as far as i know ive got a legal version of windows > ive got it 3 months now, and always did nice his updates, since 2 weeks im playing rose online > with gamegaurd > and i get this messages, its realy anoying, because i didnt choose for vista, and now i cant upgrade the system, and i DONT LIKE IT ! ( im 90 % sure its gamegaurd, becuase on the website of MS they said that vista got problems with gamegaurd )

any way to fix this problem > on the game i play they say that vista how ever isnt a good operation system... and that more people got troubles with full screen games.

Well , i hope you can fix this ANOYING problem...

i wait for answers,
    Saturday, February 14, 2009 12:37 PM

Answers

• Hello Zubatsu,

Yes, when Vista first came out, Gameguard did does things that Vista did not allow and perceived what Gameguard was doing as attempting to bypass Vista Activation.  The makers of Gameguard fixed thier program to run compatible with Vista.  The problem is that each company that has a game that uses Gameguard must add the fix to their game. But if you are using a private server of Rose online, that hasn't had the Gameguard fix added, then it will still be incompatible with Vista.

Your 3 options are:

1) Ask the person/company that is running the private server to get and install the Gameguard Fix. (I do not know how this is done)

2) Try running Rose Online in an XP VM or compatibility mode (I do not know for sure this will fix the issue).

3) Buy and install a copy of XP.

To summerize: 
    The older versions of Gameguard are incompatible with Vista. 
    Gameguard has been fixed to be compatible with Vista. 
    It is the responability of the game manufacturer to add the Gamegurd fix to their game so it is compatible with Vista.

Darin MS
    Attention Forum All Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, February 17, 2009 12:15 AM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 12:14 AM

All replies

• Try running it in a XP VM or just run it in compatibility mdoe.
    Sunday, February 15, 2009 10:49 PM
  • hmmz, the problem is that i dont got illigal windows,,, and my windows said it is ... because of gamegaurd 
    Monday, February 16, 2009 6:14 PM
  • Hello Zubatsu,

Yes, when Vista first came out, Gameguard did does things that Vista did not allow and perceived what Gameguard was doing as attempting to bypass Vista Activation.  The makers of Gameguard fixed thier program to run compatible with Vista.  The problem is that each company that has a game that uses Gameguard must add the fix to their game. But if you are using a private server of Rose online, that hasn't had the Gameguard fix added, then it will still be incompatible with Vista.

Your 3 options are:

1) Ask the person/company that is running the private server to get and install the Gameguard Fix. (I do not know how this is done)

2) Try running Rose Online in an XP VM or compatibility mode (I do not know for sure this will fix the issue).

3) Buy and install a copy of XP.

To summerize: 
    The older versions of Gameguard are incompatible with Vista. 
    Gameguard has been fixed to be compatible with Vista. 
    It is the responability of the game manufacturer to add the Gamegurd fix to their game so it is compatible with Vista.

Darin MS
    Attention Forum All Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, February 17, 2009 12:15 AM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 12:14 AM