how long does it take for author merge RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to merge authors

Hilmar Koerner shows up in three entries (based on institution). They are all the same author. Hilmar Korner is also the same author. I edited the author info fields, merged authors and submitted (author institution Air Force Research Laboratory), but after a few days still haven't seen any movement. 

can you clarify? 

I love your site and would prefer this over Google Scholar, but if it takes that long to fix something in a profile I hesitate recommending it. Any edits in Google Scholar show up instantly. 

thank you

tgd

Sunday, June 3, 2012 4:20 PM

Answers

• Dear thegreatdeceiver,

Thank you for your interest in Microsoft Academic Search.

Requests to make changes to an author’s profile, such as merges, are reviewed in the order they are received. Once the request is approved and then processed in our database, the profiles will show as merged.

We hope you continue to explore and enjoy our site. If you have any other questions or need further assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Microsoft Academic Search Team 

Monday, June 4, 2012 10:09 PM

All replies

• Dear thegreatdeceiver,

Thank you for your interest in Microsoft Academic Search.

Requests to make changes to an author’s profile, such as merges, are reviewed in the order they are received. Once the request is approved and then processed in our database, the profiles will show as merged.

We hope you continue to explore and enjoy our site. If you have any other questions or need further assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Microsoft Academic Search Team 

Monday, June 4, 2012 10:09 PM
  • Hi,

and when will you support ORCID?

Yours,

VCM

Monday, November 16, 2015 10:04 AM